Motherhood can be exhilarating and daunting. As a woman's body begins to shift and change as the baby develops, it is hard to know how to stay healthy and supportive during the 3 trimesters. Yoga has been shown to help both the mental stresses as well as the bodily changes. A combination of Asana (poses), pranayama (breathwork) and yoga nidra (relaxation) are invaluable tools to assist women in shifting gracefully from pregnancy into motherhood. A prenatal yoga practice can strengthen, stretch, and tone the body, calm and relax the mind, and nurture and nourish the spirit during this most special time in a woman's life.
In this two-day training, we will explore:
- Appropriate Asanas for each trimester of Pregnancy
- The Anatomy and Physiology of Pregnancy
- Breathing and Relaxation Techniques for a more comfortable Labor and latter Pregnancy
- Structuring a Prenatal Class and Practice Teaching
**A manual will be included in the training fee
Upon completion of this training, 200-hour Registered Yoga Teachers will be certified to teach Prenatal Yoga. 500-hour (Advanced Studies) participants receive 14 hours toward certification.
- Saturday 11:00am-6:00pm &
- Sunday 8:30am-4:30pm
Cost is $175 Early Registration (through August 5)
$225 Late Registration (after August 5)